MotorAnalysis-PM is free software for design and analysis of permanent magnet (PM) motors and generators.
What is the difference between PMAC, BLAC (brushless AC), PMSM (permanent magnet synchronous motor) and BLDC (brushless DC)?
In general, all of them are PM machines and they are very similar in terms of construction. The major difference is in the drive system. PMAC, PMSM and brushless AC are synonymous terms. They operate on a PWM AC (sine-wave) drive while BLDC motors utilize six-step (trapezoidal) drives. MotorAnalysis-PM is able to simulate both sine-wave (including ideal sinusoidal waveform and PWM) and six-step drives.
Creating motor prototypes
- Inner and outer rotor topologies
- Skewed stator and rotor geometries are solved with multi-slice FEA
- DXF stator and rotor import
- Automatic or manual stator winding layout generation
- Different wire sizing methods
- Materials Library and user defined materials
- Different drive types: sine-wave and six-step
MotorAnalysis-PM provides results based on finite element analysis solutions and combines several analysis methods having different accuracy and computation speed. You can choose the appropriate analysis method depending on the phase of the machine design process and speed/accuracy tradeoff.